Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Signs

Carbon monoxide.

The most dangerous thing about carbon monoxide poisoning is that you may just think you have the flu.

Symptoms may start as simply as feeling tired, having a headache, general not feeling well, and nausea.

Being exposed to even low levels of carbon monoxide poisoning for a length of time may cause confusion, depression, memory loss, difficulty getting your breath and even hallucinations.

Extended exposure to even low levels of carbon monoxide can not only have ill effects on people but pets as well and is especially dangerous for pregnant women and their unborn child.

We sell carbon monoxide detectors to protect your family so contact us for your Fire Angel carbon monoxide alarm (£30) must in the room of boiler or gas appliance but 2 metres from a gas cooker.

carbon monoxide detector alarm

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. Carbon-based fuels are safe to use. It is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous.  When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.

You can’t see it, taste it or smell it so you may never say “I smell gas” but CO can kill quickly without warning. According to the HSE statistics every year around 15 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated. Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health if breathed in over a long period. In extreme cases paralysis and brain damage can be caused as a result of prolonged exposure to CO. Increasing public understanding of the risks of CO poisoning and taking sensible precautions could dramatically reduce this risk.

 

Don’t let carbon monoxide in your home.

SaveSave

Submit a Comment

*

Like Us on Facebook

*

Follow Us on Twitter