The importance of a gas safety check record
According to the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, gas appliances within your home must undergo an annual gas safety check certification done by a Gas Safe registered engineer. RJ Gas Appliances Ltd Services, with our roster of Gas Safe registered engineers, can conduct this safety check in your home and provide you with the appropriate gas safety check record for your compliance with this legal requirement.
This gas safety check is a requirement of the law to ensure the safety of those who are occupying a property. Gas safety checks are needed by the following:
- Colleges and other educational institutions
- Housing Associations, and
- Local authorities
What are the contents of a gas safety check record?
- A description and the location of every gas appliance or flue that was checked.
- The name, registration number and signature of the Gas Safe registered engineer who has done the inspection.
- The time and date when the appliance or the flue was checked.
- The full address of the property at which the appliance or flue is installed.
- The name and address of the landlord or, when appropriate, their agent.
- Any problem or defect that was identified and the remedial action taken to correct the defect.
- A statement stating that the safety check has been completed and the results are in compliance with the provisions of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
Landlords are mandated by law to provide copies of the gas safety check record to their tenants.
This requirement is most especially true with landlords. The law strictly mandates that they must provide the annual gas safety check for all their properties that are occupied by tenants. They are also mandated to provide a copy of gas safety check record to the tenants occupying each of their property not more than 28 days after the inspection. They are also required to provide new tenants with a copy of the gas safety check record if said tenants will start to live in the property within 12 months after the last inspection.
Call RJ Gas Appliances Ltd Services and our roster of top-notch Gas Safe registered engineers, will provide expert and complete annual gas safety check service to al the gas appliances and flues in your property. A certification of compliance that will serve as your gas safety check record will be provided as part of this service.